The medium of instruction at Maple Bear and APS is English, and the curriculum is developed to instil a love of learning. Our institution is a government recognized school and follows the curriculum under its guidelines.
We are hugely inspired by most evolving Indian and International Education Systems and use the best methods to teach the new-age children.
Conventional vs Progressive Education
- Conventional education is rooted in 'marks-oriented' classical preparation for the university.
- Progressive Education is a pedagogical which distinguishes from the traditional and conventional systems of educating young learners.
- This method of education finds its roots in present experience.
Why Children Learn with Progressive Education
APS promotes progressive education because it is not stressful for the students. Progressive learning is a continuous process which focuses on :-
- Education for social responsibility
- Strong emphasis on problem solving and critical thinking
- Understanding and action as the goals of valued learning and not rote knowledge
- Lesser emphasis on textbooks in favour of varied learning resources
- Learning by doing: hands-on projects, expeditionary learning, experiential learning
- Selection of subject content by looking forward to ask what skills will be needed in the future society
- Integrated curriculum focused on thematic units
- Group work and development of social skills
- Collaborative and cooperative learning projects
- Integration of community service and service learning projects into the daily curriculum
- Emphasis on lifelong learning and social skills